Monday, July 22, 2013

Design Portfolio

Earlier this year I submitted a handful of pieces to the design program at the University of Texas at Austin. Sadly I didn't get in but here is taste of what I submitted.
This skull was originally printed by my dad with his 3D printer. I then used prisma colors to add the geometric designs. 

The center panel is a reproduction of a piece of graffiti I found in Rome. For an art project I adapted the original so that it represented cultures from around the world. 


These two portraits are of my little sister. They are reproductions of paintings. Top to bottom: Girl with a Pearl Earring- Johannes Vermeer, The Corn Poppy- Kees van Dongen


Another reproduction of that Roman graffiti but this one is inspired by my trip to Mexico. 

The rectangular shape has been cut into the book. Almost a quarter of the pages were cut. The heart is made out of aluminum foil covered in oil pastel. 



My mom handed me this shoe insert and told me to make something out of it. Somehow an owl emerged and inspired the rest of the piece. 

Not the best picture, too much glare. This is the Zocalo, or center of town, in Mexico City. It is supposed to represent the bloodshed from the drug war.  

One of my first experiments with oil paint and linseed oil. 

Ganesha. 
Self Portrait. I took the photograph, printed it out and drew the design over it using black sharpie and colored pencils. 

No comments:

Post a Comment